Helpful Bankruptcy Links
The following list contains links to legal and other resources that may be useful in your search to understand your rights and obtain help with your legal situation.
Credit Reporting Agencies – Credit Bureaus
Credit reporting agencies or credit bureaus, collect information about the financial affairs of consumers and provide it to their commercial members, such as lenders, employers and insurance companies, for a fee. In the US, there are three main credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. Since most creditors belong to all three agencies, the chances are good that whatever shows up on one credit report will also appear on the others. Therefore, you usually only need to check one bureau’s records. Prior to filing a bankruptcy, it is advised that you obtain a report in order to be certain that you do not omit any creditors.
If you find problems, or if potential creditors discover them, you can take steps to rebuild damaged credit and clean up that record. If you’ve made mistakes in paying previous loans, bounced checks, made late payments or had other problems, you may still be able to reduce the amount of damage they will do to your credit with explanations or some basic repair.
CLICK ON THESE LINKS to request a copy from one of the three major credit bureaus: EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN and TRANSUNION, which allows you to obtain a free credit report from each of the major agencies once per year. If you applied for a loan and were turned down, you are entitled to a free copy of your credit report, but you must request a copy by writing the correct credit bureau within 30 days of the rejection. You should include a copy of the declined loan application with your request.
Legal Directories and Resources
– Bankruptcy Court – District of Colorado
– Approved Pre-Bankruptcy Counseling Services
– DiSante Law Offices E-Mail
– NADA “Bluebook” motor vehicle values
– Real Estate Value estimates – Zillow
Real Estate Assistance
– Real Estate, Short Sale, Foreclosure problems assistance – Louie Lee, Certified Depressed Property Expert.
Out-of-Area Bankruptcy Law Firms
– Texas Business Lawyer. Slater, Kennon & Pugh LLP practice business law in Texas and can counsel you on contracts, debt collection, employment law, and business formation.
– Attorneys in York Pennsylvania. The York Pennsylvania Choice For Attorneys. Criminal, Family, Wills, Bankruptcy, Juvenile, Personal Injury, and more…
– Texas Bankruptcy Lawyer/Attorney. Texas Bankruptcy Lawyer/Attorney providing Chapter 7, 11, 13 Bankruptcy Debt Relief in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, & Dallas.
Considering filing for Bankruptcy or looking for Bankruptcy alternatives?
Contact our office to discuss your case, without cost or obligation at: 303-797-3311
We provide bankruptcy evaluation and representation serving the entire south Denver, Colorado (CO) Metropolitan area, including Littleton, Englewood, Centennial & Aurora in Arapahoe County, Highlands Ranch and Castle Rock in Douglas County, Denver and south Jefferson County, Colorado. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.